Each and every day, we work hard to deliver an exceptional experience. For us, this includes both increasing your stoke and helping to safeguard your health. We'd like to communicate the additional precautionary measures we are currently taking.
We have enhanced the techniques used to clean each guest room following a stay. We are paying particular attention to 'high-touch' areas including key cards, door handles, locks and latches, light switches, desk surfaces, telephones, remote controls, and bathroom fixture handles.
- We are lowering the amount of rooms our housekeepers will clean so they may spend more time in each room. Our multi-step sanitization will include a thorough sanitizing by the housekeeper and a second sanitization during the room inspection by the supervisor. Your room will be sealed and no one else allowed in until you arrive.
- Accordingly, to allow for this level of housekeeping detail, arrivals prior to our 4pm check-in time and departures past our 11am check-out time will not be allowed. Unfortunately, due to limited capacities to accommodate social distancing, we will not be able to provide early use of our pool before your check-in or late use after your check-out. There is public beach access (via stairs) next to the hotel. Please plan your travel accordingly.
- In keeping with the latest industry recommendations, your room will be cleaned prior to your arrival as noted above and we will not disturb your room during your stay. Should you need supplies during your stay, we are happy to drop off a care basket at your door with whatever you may need.
- When you check-out of your room, please take extra care to ensure you have left nothing behind and leave your sliding doors and windows open to help air out the room.
- We have heightened sanitizing with an FDA approved anti-viral chemical, paying aggressive attention to public spaces, such as the Lobby.
While we continue to offer complimentary breakfast, the San Diego County Health Officer has banned buffet services in all eating establishments for the time being. Rather, we are now delivering our chef's selection of breakfast items directly to your door. You may schedule delivery for anytime between 7-9:30am.
- To facilitate physical distancing at our Shorebreak Pool, we will be temporarily closing the jacuzzi and reducing the amount of seating available. This may result in more limited lounging times at the pool. Please cooperate for everyone's enjoyment and limit your time to a reasonable amount. Consider a nice stroll on the beach instead.
- San Diego County requires the use of face masks in public. To support our local health efforts, we will also require guests to wear masks when in our public spaces. This includes the Lobby, Sundeck, Shorebreak Pool, and our exterior open-air corridors.
- We will actively manage the flow of traffic within our Lobby to ensure appropriate physical distancing between guests and staff. This may require you to momentarily wait for assistance in a special designated area until we're able to safely provide service for you. Note: entering our lobby at any time will require face coverings. We will ask you to return when your face is covered if you are unable to comply at the moment.
A dedicated member of our 'clean team' will be moving through the property regularly to sanitize door handles, handrails, and other 'high-touch' public areas.
- If either our employee or their immediate family is not feeling well, we ask that they stay home to focus on recovery and limit the potential spread to others. Each staff member will have their temperature checked upon arrival at work. Any associate exhibiting an abnormal temperature (as defined by the County Health Officer) or exhibiting symptoms of illness will not be allowed to work.
- Our staff has received instruction on proper handwashing technique in accordance with the CDC, including the use of soap/hand sanitizer at all times.
We share these measures with you as reassurance that we take these matters seriously and are committed to creating safe, healthy spaces. We continue to actively monitor the latest updates from the CDC, the City of Carlsbad, and the San Diego County Health Department as we respond to the latest recommendations.
We thank you for your continued support and loyalty to our little family-owned boutique on the sand.
Beach Terrace Inn Management