Each and every day, we work hard to deliver an exceptional experience. For us, this includes both increasing your stoke and helping to safeguard your health. We'd like to communicate the additional precautionary measures we are currently taking.
- As of December 7th, the governor of California issued a new Regional Stay-at-Home Order for Southern California which will remain in effect indefinitely. While essential services will remain open, restaurants are restricted to takeout or pickup options only, retail is limited to 20% indoor capacity, all gatherings with people outside your household are prohibited, and all non-essential travel has been restricted statewide.
- To ensure our compliance with this new order, we will ask all arriving guests to self-identify their travel as essential via an essential travel waiver. Beach Terrace Inn does not perform any verification function unless required to do so by government order or lawful directive.
The city, county, and state are working closely together to monitor and manage reopening efforts. Recent updates from the City of Carlsbad may be found here. San Diego's latest Health Order may be found here.
At this time, city beaches are available for walking, jogging, and traveling to the water in addition to passive activities such as sitting and sunbathing provided social distancing is practiced.
On June 18th, the governor of California mandated that facemasks must be worn while in public or high-risk settings, including while walking through common spaces, when inside of any indoor public space, and 'while outdoors in public spaces when maintaining a physical distance of 6 feet from persons who are not members of the same household or residence is not feasible'. This means face coverings must be worn in all walkways, stairways, and common areas of the hotel. Exceptions will be made only when you are socially distant from others at the pool.
- In accordance with recommendations for the California Department of Public Health, we reserve the right to cancel reservations for parties with symptomatic members or visitors. Likewise, we will ask members of your party 4-5 screening questions upon arrival for check-in.
- While we love having you, if you are not comfortable with local government restrictions, then planning your trip later in the year when restrictions are lessened might be best.
We have enhanced the techniques used to clean each guest room following a stay. We are paying particular attention to 'high-touch' areas including key cards, door handles, locks and latches, light switches, desk surfaces, telephones, remote controls, and bathroom fixture handles.
- We are lowering the amount of rooms our housekeepers will clean so they may spend more time in each room. Our multi-step sanitization will include a thorough sanitizing by the housekeeper and a second sanitization during the room inspection by the supervisor. Your room will be sealed and no one else allowed in until you arrive.
- Accordingly, to allow for this level of housekeeping detail, arrivals prior to our 4pm check-in time and departures past our 11am check-out time will not be allowed. Unfortunately, due to limited capacities to accommodate social distancing, we will not be able to provide early use of our pool before your check-in or late use after your check-out. There is public beach access (via stairs) next to the hotel. Please plan your travel accordingly.
- In keeping with the latest industry recommendations, your room will be cleaned prior to your arrival as noted above and we will not disturb your room during your stay. Should you need supplies during your stay, we are happy to drop off a care basket at your door with whatever you may need.
- When you check-out of your room, please take extra care to ensure you have left nothing behind and leave your sliding doors and windows open to help air out the room.
- We have heightened sanitizing with an FDA approved anti-viral chemical, paying aggressive attention to public spaces, such as the Lobby.
While we continue to offer complimentary breakfast, the San Diego County Health Officer has banned buffet services in all eating establishments for the time being. Rather, we are now delivering our chef's selection of breakfast items directly to your door. You may schedule delivery for anytime between 7-9:30am.
- To facilitate physical distancing at our Shorebreak Pool, we will be temporarily closing the jacuzzi and reducing the amount of seating available. This may result in more limited lounging times at the pool. Please cooperate for everyone's enjoyment and limit your time to a reasonable amount. Consider a nice stroll on the beach instead.
- San Diego County requires the use of face masks in public. To support our local health efforts, we will also require guests to wear masks when in our public spaces. This includes the Lobby, Sundeck, Shorebreak Pool, and our exterior open-air corridors.
- We will actively manage the flow of traffic within our Lobby to ensure appropriate physical distancing between guests and staff. This may require you to momentarily wait for assistance in a special designated area until we're able to safely provide service for you. Note: entering our lobby at any time will require face coverings. We will ask you to return when your face is covered if you are unable to comply at the moment.
A dedicated member of our 'clean team' will be moving through the property regularly to sanitize door handles, handrails, and other 'high-touch' public areas.
- If either our employee or their immediate family is not feeling well, we ask that they stay home to focus on recovery and limit the potential spread to others. Each staff member will have their temperature checked upon arrival at work. Any associate exhibiting an abnormal temperature (as defined by the County Health Officer) or exhibiting symptoms of illness will not be allowed to work.
- Our staff has received instruction on proper handwashing technique in accordance with the CDC, including the use of soap/hand sanitizer at all times.
We share these measures with you as reassurance that we take these matters seriously and are committed to creating safe, healthy spaces. We continue to actively monitor the latest updates from the CDC, the City of Carlsbad, and the San Diego County Health Department as we respond to the latest recommendations.
We thank you for your continued support and loyalty to our little family-owned boutique on the sand.
Beach Terrace Inn Management